Sunday, January 4, 2015

I think my candle is giving me inspiration.

Honestly though, aromatherapy is the way to go.

Writing this post a little tired but mostly inspired. Haha rhyming blog post count 2. It's a stress relief candle although I don't believe in stressed. "You're as happy as you want to be." Today I danced a lot, slept a little, and ate too much. But actually the dancing was the highlight. I had solo choreography with two students. Both very different. One a new younger student and one old soul that has grown with me through my ups and downs. But at the same time they both gave me the same feeling. Determination. Having hungry and positive dancers blows my mind. They made me love my job even more. I honestly do my work for my students. I definitely wouldn't stay in this business for anything else besides the children. Even when I'm dragging myself to the studio with a 5 shot Americano and my pajama pants still on from the night before... I start teaching and everything's better because of them. Don't get me wrong, I AM TOUGH! But greatness comes from work ethic and that is what I teach my students. At the end of the day no matter what pique we couldn't exactly perfect, or which supporting leg still wasn't to our best potential, it's always a hug.  

Disclaimer part 2: Didn't proof read sorry guys. 5:00am is a new record.

Topic 2: Appreciation and respect for the people who care about you.

This world is wack. I do not understand how people can purposely talk poorly about other's behind their backs. There is so many other amazing things to experience in this world and you are wasting your time doing that because? Worry about yourself and karma will take it's turn. If someone gives you a piece of their heart and time then take it and run with it. I remember when I was 8 years old and was playing in a soccer tournament. (I know right.) Our team was getting scored on multiple times. So a few girls including myself went over to her and started picking on her for missing the ball. As I'm walking away I hear a piercing whistle & "ALEXA MOFFETT" multiple times from the sidelines. It was my dad. (Also known as dance dad, not soccer dad.) He grabbed my arm and told me  to apologize now and to go tell my coach we were leaving the championship game due to my poor behavior and disrespect for my teammate. (This is def the PG version of how mad my dad was, LOL.) My coach tried to condone my behavior and say "other girls were apart of the confrontation as well." From that moment on I stopped crying and begging to stay, because I had learned something. You can only control yourself and what I did was bullying. This was a team sport and I had let my team down. I ran off the field to the car and continued to cry. My dad met me at this point and told me that he hopes I learned my lesson and was deserving of the consequence. I did, I never wanted anyone to feel the way that goalie had in my life. And specifically me being apart of the reason. That is why I teach my students respect. You are not handed things in life. Your mom can not pay for your solo to be good, you work for it to be. (Deserved italics right there.) If you work for them you are much more grateful of the things you have earned. I still appreciate this moment in my life. I wish more people could experience this and respect was enforced in their daily lives. Stop the negative competing and be proud of who you are. Don't second guess someones intentions and trust them to run with your heart as well. Amazing things will happen.

"Never push a loyal person to the point where they no longer care."

If you give a dance teacher a task they will...

Always deliver. We strive too much for being our best. But hey that's what makes us the best kind of people. Here's a few questions I've received to answer! I'm going to do a few a blog!

#alexascurrentlife WOW

1. What is your relationship like with Addy and your family?

Moffett like it's hot! Haha my family is insane. But I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm appreciative that my mom still does my laundry and can whip up a costume in under 24 hours due to my habit of procrastination. I'm grateful that my dad likes to post embarrassing things about me on his instagram and still knows the way to my heart is a good shopping trip. I'm thankful for my brother, Caden, for being a boy because I honestly don't know how I would survive with a ten year old dancer girl as a sibling. And then there's Addy. WOW. Haha I'm kidding. There's no one else I would rather be stuck with. Sisters by blood, sisters by brain, sisters by heart, I would do anything in the world for this kid. Except solo choreography. She always gets the 3am slot so I prefer that time for blogging. ;) 

2. How did you meet Molly?

Molly and I met at WCDE nationals! Crazy it's been 2 and a half years! I actually approached her to possibly come and set some numbers on my kids. See I'm just like you all too guys! I actually had stocked her via YouTube for a bit and came down to watch all of their numbers live. I even was mad when her choreography didn't take home 1st overall platinum diamond you rock in every category. She brushed my comment off, LOL nothing's changed. Kidding "WOW!" I then ended up messaging her on Facebook and didn't receive a response for awhile. After we set a date we still didn't even know much about each other. We would like Facebook posts of dance and that's about it. When she came to set choreography I brought her a salad and some cookies and bam. Mini teacher besties were born. We both didn't realize how much we were "the same" until those cookies. We started texting back and forth about choreography opinions and then decided to take over the world one body roll and scorpion at a time. But really it was just how you all meet friends! Destiny! I couldn't imagine my life without her. I feel like I'm writing about a relationship and am totally okay with that! Hahahaha! Love you MOLLY LONG you are one of the best things in my entire life! XOXOXO

Well I feel as if this post has been my least sarcastic post yet and I think it's still because of my candle. I hope that we're friends on Facebook too. And snapchat, twitter, the goods. But mostly because I appreciate you ALL and you are the reason I continue what I'm doing! Your support honestly means the world to me. XOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Life is a quote.

"Everything we judge in others is something within ourselves we don't want to face."
"You really can do whatever you want."
"You are who you are when know one is looking." 
 
 



4 comments:

  1. Hi Alexa!
    First of all, I'm so excited that you've started blogging more, cause this blog is eeverything! Second of all, I wanna thank you for doing this, I've always admired you without really even knowing anything about you (other than your work of course). There's just this vibe about you (haha, I hope you know what I mean), you keep it real, you're honest, funny and seem supportive of your students, and that's really admirable. I'm a few years younger than you, and at the moment I'm feeling so confused about what I should do in the future, but you've kind of assured me that there is nothing you couldn't do, as long as you really want it and want to work for it. So thanks for that! I hope you kind of got the point of what I tried to say, haha. But I wish you all the best in 2015, you're gonna kill it! Greetings from Finland xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Alexa! You are seriously the Beyoncé of of choreography....and shopping! You can make a Starbucks cup look good with any outfit! To meet you is a goal but until then I will continue to be amazed by your talents via the Internet and the talents of your amazing, hardworking students! When are you going to continue with part 4 of your autobiography of dance?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Alexa! I know you must be super busy getting ready for the competition this weekend! But I know once you get back we would love if you got back to blogging (maybe even blog about the competition) :) I love reading your blogs!
    Anyways, I hope that Club dance has an amazing competition this weekend and that yall all have a fun and productive time!
    Quote:
    "Under pressure, you dont rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. Thats why we train so hard."-Navy Seal

    ReplyDelete