Saturday, August 8, 2015

Alexa Moffett, airports, and airplanes.

Blog, blog, blog.

Like blah, blah, blah. Cha cha cha. Mostly because that's how I feel when I'm writing all of my thoughts into this dumb blog. Then I want to cha cha walk with my new ballroom friends. But duty calls so I'm going to stick with the blah. 

#alexascurrentthoughts

-American's need to get it together at the airport. Guys you know the drill. Just remove your shoes, laptops out, and really get the water bottles out of our purse. But can we take a second to not appreciate the TSA security screaming in my ear at 8:00am. I'm aware liquids out. 

-Why doesn't Chipotle cater to US Airways flights to NC?

-I've currently listened to the same song 61 times in a row and I'm not changing it.

-Boys suck.

-I miss my students.

-But I might miss my bed equally as much.

-When people try and have conversation about my job and ask "What type of dancing do you teach?" and instead of needing advil from explaining you just reply "Everything." But the next question is always "Oh, so you teach hip hop and ballet?" #goodbye

I've broken my heart so many times I've stopped keeping track.

What exactly is a broken heart? I don't think such thing can be explained. My favorite part of a broken heart is what lesson was taught from the feeling of being broken. For me as an artist, having your heart broken whether it be from someone or a situation is crucial to creativity. I like things that are real. I don't like to talk about my feelings. So instead I create. I look for music that can explain my story. That is something that can never be taken away from me. If I could give advice to anyone who wants to live in a similar comedy horror story to mine, it would be to find something that makes you happy and never let it go. Find your purpose and don't stop ever. Your expectation's for yourself should be the biggest thing in your life. I've always had one dream. To be the best. To be my absolute best. If you want to be the best you should never settle. "Winners never quit and quitter's never win."

"You attract the energy you exude."

"You can't live your life for other people. You've got to do what's right for you, even if it hurts some people you love."

"What do you want to do with your life?"


 My least favorite question yet I would say the most common one I'm asked. My answer is always "Everyone asks me this." Haha so I think that definitely sums up my answer. I want to do something that matters. My best friend explains it as not wanting empty work. Something that fills me up. How am I supposed to make a decision for the rest of my life at 22 and 2 days old. I prefer to live in the moment and see where life travels me to. Hopefully it's not around New Zealand searching for Addison's lost passport.

I think you can do anything you set your mind to. When I was that little 10 year old girl in her one and only purple velvet leotard learning ballet off the video my mom bought me from the local library, I never thought I would be where I am today. If someone tells you you can't, they don't deserve your attention. Prove them wrong. Persevere.

It's all good in the hood.

I want to take a second to say how grateful I am to have you all in my life. Maybe you're a sister to me or maybe we've never met. But that doesn't matter to me. I appreciate you for being you. In my classes I continue to preach how the best part is that no one else is you. You are absolutely the best you because you're the only you. Make the most of your life because you should be your number 1 priority. Trust yourself and always go with your gut.

I have the best friends and family a girl could ever ask for. That's what makes me, me.

"I'm starting to attract the exact type of people I want around me: creative minds with amazing commitment to their dreams."































3 comments:

  1. Awesome blog Alexa! Which song is it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to read your blog, I really wish you would come to Europe! And I'm also wondering what song it is that you're listening to so much. (A Dutch fan)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You inspire me to never give up on my dreams. You are so amazing and talented, as are all the kids that you teach. I hope one day to be able to go to AZ and meet you and all the Club Dance company members. Never stop blogging!
    -Jolie (@clubdance.fanpage on insta)

    ReplyDelete