Monday, October 6, 2014

Choreo Relief.

Do you ever forget you're human?

I do. But I am comparing this to comic relief in my horror comedy and think it's pretty self explanatory of how I've felt with these insane 12 hour days. When you mentally cannot think about anything besides pizza and who's getting kicked off Amazing Race. I don't even eat pizza. But TG I pulled through and am still here people. The best part is somehow I'm off for an entire week. But really that means nothing. I will still go into work due to mass boredom and over stress of being behind. I like to bet if I can get something completed to my standard that I will do something nice for myself. "Alexa all you have to do is make sure this piece blah blah blah and then you can buy yourself a new Alex and Ani bracelet." But if I don't execute, I stick to my word. It's a game to keep me going basically. Lessons With Alexa. Teaching dance really is a lifestyle. People always say to me "Your life looks so fun and you get to do amazing things!" Yes I do and I am extremely grateful for that. I wouldn't change it for the world! But...
"I've learned the value of hard work, by working hard." 
There really isn't even a minute that I'm not thinking about my job and to-do list. It sounds insane, and it is. Most of my memorization capacity is filled due to music, choreography, rehearsals, useless staging information, costuming, dance mom emails, dancer's birthdays, how to enter a competition deadline late, which day of the week it is, trying to make everyone happy without completely forgetting that you are a human as well, etc. Bottom line, pray for me. 
"Working hard for something we don't care about is called stress. Working hard for something we love is called passion." Insert heart emoji.

Part 3.9-  I earn myself a "Dance Dad."

One of the greatest parts of my dance life. Is that I have a dance dad. Yep, that's what I said. Pirouettes, side leaps, and all. I am partway serious and partway trying to embarrass him/ruin him via social media. (He was not a dancer. But he does get asked all the time if he's apart of a well known contemporary company. Insert crying laughing emoji face.) Here's how this came to be. As Addison and I became more involved in dance and competitions so did my family. My mom, Diane, would help with costumes, hair, makeup, driving to events, and everything else you can think of. One of my favorite newbie dance experiences of myself, is when my mom and I were putting on my false eyelashes for the first time. Most dancers know the glue obviously goes on to the lashes not on to the eyeball. (If you didn't know, I just saved you.) Well we were not as educated and ended up glueing my eyelid completely shut. My dad, Mark, Dance Dad, started off as Mr. Prop Dad like they all do and then turned in to my public relations assistant. This story will keep evolving over time because I just can't give away too much information. But really he is a huge dance supporter and I wouldn't be the choreographer I am today without the support from him and my family.

Short post again my fellow blogging besties. I need to catch up on at least 8 hours of sleep. Lots of new opportunities and announcements happening this week that I'm excited to share with you all. I recently have signed on with DanceOn as a YouTube partner, choreographer, and so blessed to have this amazing opportunity. More coming SOON! Happy sleeping and hopefully no insomnia. 

Alexa XO

No comments:

Post a Comment